Latest Basketball News: Lakers defeat Nets in overtime thriller
The Los Angeles Lakers pulled off a stunning victory against the Brooklyn Nets in a thrilling overtime match on Tuesday night, as LeBron James led his team to a 127-124 win.
The game was a back-and-forth affair, with both teams trading baskets throughout the first half. The Nets were able to build a 10-point lead early in the third quarter, but the Lakers fought back to tie the game at the end of regulation.
In overtime, James took over, scoring 11 of his game-high 32 points and dishing out 4 assists. His performance earned him praise from his teammates and coach, who called him the best player in the world.
The win improves the Lakers’ record to 32-19 and keeps them in the hunt for a playoff spot. The Nets, meanwhile, drop to 36-15 and will look to bounce back in their next game against the New Orleans Pelicans.
Other basketball news from around the league:
– The Philadelphia 76ers are reportedly looking to trade for Toronto Raptors star Kyle Lowry.
– The Golden State Warriors have signed veteran forward Otto Porter Jr. for the rest of the season.
– The Miami Heat have waived guard Avery Bradley, who is expected to sign with the Golden State Warriors.
– The New York Knicks have signed free-agent guard Trey Burke to a 10-day contract.
– The Chicago Bulls have lost six of their last seven games and are slipping in the Eastern Conference standings.
– The Milwaukee Bucks have won five in a row and are closing in on the top spot in the East.
Stay tuned for more basketball news and analysis from around the NBA!